Do you have a passion for Occupational or Speech & Language Therapy? Whether you’re looking to develop a specialism in autism, gain further qualifications & training or want to be part of an organisation with a strong ethos of improving the lives of others, this is an opportunity to join our supportive multidisciplinary team!
Salary: £25,147 per annum (equivalent to NHS Band 4)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Annual Leave: 23 days plus banks holidays
JigsawPlus is an established, specialist adult day centre for learners with varying abilities aged 18 and over who have an autism diagnosis. Working closely with qualified therapists, the role of Senior Therapy Assistant will help to support our learners achievements and progress using a variety of strategies and interventions, combined with research driven behavioral theories to deliver exceptional support to our learners and their families. This is a varied role combining resource creation and delivery of sessions to address the complex communication, motor and sensory needs of our learners.
Supporting your Professional Pathway
- Specialism Development – Working with learners of different ages who although have varying needs, are all diagnosed with ASD, allowing you to gain a breadth of experience in autism, the challenges this can create and the interventions adopted to overcome these
- Multidisciplinary Team – Working alongside Occupational and Speech Language Therapists, allowing your expertise to be widened and an integrated approach to learner progress.
- Professional Development – Supporting and funding a range of qualifications and training inclusive of the following:
• Attention Autism Training
• PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) Training
• Sensory Integration Qualifications
• NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care
• Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
• Organisational Behaviour Management Accreditation (developing team cohesion and leadership skills)
• Developing knowledge of behaviour analysis and gaining accredited qualifications within the field
What do you need?
- Grade A*-C or equivalent in English GCSE
- Proven experience supporting Occupational or Speech & Language Therapy
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with disabilities (experience of autism would be desirable
- Emotional resilience in working with behaviour that challenges
- Proven ability to keep accurate records and reports
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Due to our location, a driving licence or access to own transport is essential
Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2023. We reserve the right to close this vacancy where there is a significant response rate. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment.