Are you wanting to get into Social Care? Interested in working with individuals with disabilities? Looking for a role where you can help others but offers flexibility to fit around your own commitments? JigsawPlus has opportunities for positive and energetic individuals to assist with the lunchtime periods in our adult centre for learners with autism.
Salary: £20,320 per annum FTE
Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 2:00pm. Part time days of 3 or 4 per week will also be considered.
Annual Leave: 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
How will you contribute to the Team?
- Support learners with the development of life skills such as cooking and cleaning
- Prepare the adult centres facilities and kitchens for learners use
- Provide personal care support such as feeding, encouraging and enabling learners to maintain acceptable levels of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence
- Take part in off-site activities with learners such as visiting the café or shopping at the supermarket
- Contribute to the creation of learning resources for our learners
What we can offer you
- A rewarding role, gaining hands on experience in social care
- Flexible hours to work around your personal commitments
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme
- Staff wellbeing support and facilities
- Support to progress your career to a Learning Support Worker role if desired
- Training in Safeguarding, Autism, Behaviour Management and much more
What will you need?
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Happy to lend a hand wherever needed
- Caring and nurturing approach
- Comfortable supporting others with personal care (feeding)
- Resilient when faced with challenging behaviours
- Able to reach us (a driver’s licence or access to a lift is necessary due to our remote location)